Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Bowling for family

Ever since I was a young boy, my family has been drawn to the bowling alley. I can remember my 6th birthday party was at my local lanes where I and my friends had a grand time. Since I started so young, I really enjoy going back to the alley and throwing the rock. I think it ultimately leads to me joining my high school bowling team during my sophomore year. I loved being apart of the bowling team because we had a number of passionate participants. These friends quickly became family and we had many great adventures in different alleys and even our home lanes. This is also the only activity my entire family loves. We can all come together and enjoy bowling as a family. Bowling is the best.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you found something you entire family and friends enjoy doing! Bowling is a unique skill and it is great your school had a team so that you were able to pursue your interest! I think everyone should benefit from finding an activity they can enjoy with people they love. It is great that bowling is also a lifetime sport- anyone can do it! I hope you will be able to create a great bowling lesson in your class someday and get students passionate about something just as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how bowling is a way that you can connect to your family and friends. those friends through any sport always are the closet to you. I really hope you keep that passion going with them and hopefully pass it down to your students and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great read. As someone who never got into high school bowling it is very interesting to see how all types of sports bond together on their own teams. I agree, with the right group of people, bowling is a very fun activity. I haven't went bowling in awhile but I'll have to make a trip now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is really interesting. Most people think of bonding over the big sports like football, basketball, or hockey; but you and your family were able to find something that you all enjoy together and can bond over outside of the stereotypes. I also find it interesting that you had a bowling team in your high school. I had never heard of bowling being a varsity high school sport until I came to college.

    ReplyDelete