Monday, November 18, 2019
Lifestyle Sports
Sports are awesome and everyone loves to watch exciting sports like Football, Basketball, and Hockey. These may be sports that you play as a child, but many people grow out of and stop playing before they turn 20. These are traditional sports, but there is another type of sport which we call lifestyle sports. They include things like Tennis, Golf, and even Bowling. A lifestyle sport is easier to continue throughout your lifetime. They are not as physically demanding as traditional sports which makes them easier for when you start to age. Lifestyle sport is a broad topic because it can include activities such as Disc golf, Badminton, Paddleboarding, Skiing, Hiking, Rock climbing, and Racquetball. Things like this are what we should be striving to do instead of traditional sports.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed reading your blog. I agree there are many sports that you may not be able to do when you are older because of how physcially demanding they are on your body. But I do think it is such a great idea to find a sport or activity that you can do when you are older that gets you excited like sports did when you were younger. I personally really enjoy Stand-Up Paddleboarding and Kayaking. They are activites that are a great workout but also very enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of lifestyle sports! In physical education class in my high school, I always felt as though the entire class participated more and had the entire class engaged, whereas traditional sports were mainly focused on the athletes who played those sports. My favorite thing about lifestyle sports is that everyone of all ages and abilities can participate, enabling the ability to pursue a lifelong interest! I love going to the ARC and watching the older-aged people playing Pickleball! They really get into it!
ReplyDelete